Fire in Newbury, St George – shed with chemicals destroyed

Fire destroyed a large wooden structured storage room located on the premises owned by Peter Best located at Newbury, St. George.

Apparently it started sometime after 8 pm and was reported to Police Operations approximately 8:24 pm.

The storage room is about 20 feet by 20 feet and houses various chemicals, cleaning materials, paints, pesticides, gasolene and other maintenance materials.

Two tenders and 6 fire personnel responded; the fire was extinguished about 9:15 pm.

No injuries were reported nor was there any other property damage. The storage room was completely destroyed. The premises are insured.

  • Rodney Inniss – Insp;
    Public Affairs & Communications Officer
Follow on Instagram

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.


add a comment

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

  • Platinum 7 336x280 1
  • Main Template 336x280
  • TrIDent 1
  • BR2 If you saw this then you came to the best place to get seen