Tips on beating the heat #heatwave #heatstroke
Recommended ways of preventing heat-related illness include:
– drinking water, even when you do not feel thirsty;
– keeping cool by taking cool showers, putting your feet in cool water or using wet towels on your neck and arms;
– wearing cool, light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing and avoiding strenuous activity;
– closing blinds or curtains to block out the sun, and opening windows when there is a cool breeze;
– staying out of the sun when possible;
– eating smaller meals more often, as well as more cold meals.