THREE MEN COOL THEIR HEELS IN REMAND AFTER RAID ON ‘SURVIVAL BAR’ IN ST GEORGE OVER THE WEEKEND
Due to the actions of a Joint Police operation which was performed Saturday 6th October 2018 a raid was delivered on a Bar In Roach Village St George known as the ‘Survival Bar‘ owned and operated by a Denis Maynard. As a result, the following persons were arrested and formally charged for a number of offences:
1. Fifty-five year old Denis Alphonso Maynard of Roach Village, St. George was charged on 8th October 2018 for the following;
1. Unlawful possession of one 40 calibre firearm
2. Unlawful possession of One 22 calibre firearm
3. Unlawful possession of 16 rounds of .40 calibre ammunition
4. Unlawful possession of 4 rounds of .22 calibre ammunition
5. Unlawful possession of 14 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun ammunition
6. Unlawful possession of 5 rounds of 9mm ammunition
7. Unlawful possession of cannabis.
2. Twenty-seven year old Michael Antonio Eric Trotman of Pasture Road, Bank Hall, St. Michael was charged on the 7th of October 2018 for the following offences:
1. Unlawful possession of one .22 calibre firearm
2. Unlawful possession of .22 ammunition
3. Unlawful possession of 6 grams of cannabis
He appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith-Bovell at the District B Court on the 8th of October 2018 where he pleaded guilty to the possession of the cannabis. He was placed on a bond to keep the peace for 12 months or 3 months in prison. He was not required to plead to the two other offences which are both indictable. He was remanded into custody at HMP Dodds on these offences and is scheduled to reappear at the District B court on the 5th of November 2018.
3. Then there was twenty-two year old Daniel Akeem Hurley from 2nd Avenue Peterkin, Bank Hall, St. Michael who was charged on 7th October 2018 in relation to:
1. Unlawful possession of 8 rounds of .32 calibre ammunition
He also appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith-Bovell at the District B Court on Monday where he was not required to plead to the charge which is indictable. He was remanded into custody at HMP Dodds and is scheduled to reappear at the District B Court on the 5th of November 2018.
- Michael Blackman – Sgt.
Public Relations Officer (Ag)