TRAFFIC CHANGES – CROP OVER EVENTS 3rd TO 6th AUGUST 2018
Barbadians are advised that as a result of the annual Crop Over Festival the following traffic management changes have been implemented for the respective events:-
PIC O’DE CROP FINALS
1. There are no traffic diversions for persons attending the Pic O De Crop Finals at Kensington Oval.
2. Persons attending the event are encouraged to use the park and rides initiatives provided by the Transport Board and located at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Complex and also at Queens College Secondary School.
3. The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to vehicular Traffic from 10 pm on Friday 3rd August 2018 to facilitate the Foreday Morning Jam. This will be in effect until 8 am on Saturday 4th August 2018.
4. Patrons leaving Kensington Oval at the conclusion of the Pic O De Crop Finals can travel along Fontabelle Road and are permitted to turn left along the following roads
a. Kensington New Road
b. Lakes Folly
c. Prince William Henry Street or
d. High Street
The roadway beyond High Street will be closed to vehicular traffic.
FORE DAY MORNING JAM
The following roads will be closed to all vehicular traffic
1. Bay Street from its junction with Jemmotts Lane
2. Crumpton Street
3. Constitution Road
4. John Beckles Drive
5. Bridge Street
6. Independence Square
7. Wharf Road
8. Harbour Road
9. Spring Garden Highway
Motorists can travel from Fairchild Street onto Bay Street to Jemmotts Lane in outward bound traffic if you are leaving the city.
The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Holbourn junction to Brighton junction on Saturday 4th August 2018 from 12 noon until 5 am and again on Sunday 5th August 2018 from 12 noon until Midnight.
The roadway along Codrington Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic to facilitate the Music trucks parking along that road.
The route from the National Stadium to Spring Garden Highway will all be closed to vehicular traffic including:-
1. Station Hill Road
2. Bank Hall Road
3. Eagle Hall Road
4. Black Rock Main Road to the Frank Worrell Roundabout
The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to vehicular traffic from 7:30 am until 9 pm on Monday 6th August 2018
The Sanitation Service Authority will commence cleaning the Parade route after the last Band has left the National Stadium. Police Traffic Management will remain in place segment by segment until the entire route is cleaned.
The Royal Barbados Police Force encourages the travelling Public to comply with the directions given by Police officers on duty who will be regulating traffic. The Force wishes all a safe and enjoyable Crop Over.
- Rodney Inniss – Insp. (Ag);
Public Relations Officer