“Allergies, Asthma & Urticaria” – Hosted by ‘Hibiscus Health Caribbean Inc.’
This CME focuses on increasing the awareness of allergies & immunotherapy. Topics include assessment, diagnosis & treatment; allergic rhinitis & sinusitis; chronic urticaria; sensitivities, side effects & other drug-related intolerances; role of immunotherapy & more. Physicians, nurses & allied health professionals are welcome. CPE credit available.
Head of the Allergy Asthma and Immunology Service at the Emek Medical Center, Afula, and Clinical Assistant Professor at the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
Dr. Hilary Moore, ER Specialist with Training in Allergy Testing & Immunology
Dr. Dawn Alleyne, Internist/ Pulmonologist
Dr. Sean Bullen, Paediatrician/ Dermatologist
· To increase awareness of allergies, its impact on asthma, allergic rhinitis/ sinusitis
· To clearly define/ distinguish between allergies, sensitivities, side effects, intolerances and other drug-related intolerances.
· To assist the Health Care Practitioner to assess, identify and appropriately refer clients with reactions
· To highlight the role of immunotherapy in treatment.
· To enlighten/ educate participants on local resources to diagnose and manage their patient
Full programme to be announced.
– Chronic Urticaria: Approach to diagnosis and treatment, case studies
– differences between urticaria with angioedema and angioedema unrelated to urticaria
– angioedema from other causes, unrelated to urticaria, including hereditary angioedema and its treatment
– Pulmonary concerns
– Others to be announced