GOLDEN SANDS ROBBERS HELD AND FACE ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO THE MAXWELL ASSAULT
Police made a major breakthrough in their investigations into the armed robbery which occurred on Saturday the 6th of January 2018, whilst at the Ixora Bar & Restaurant, Golden Sands Hotel, Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church.
A Major Crimes Unit lead investigation resulted in two (2) men being arrested and formally charged.
Both 22 year old Hakeem Zoe Isiah Robinson from #24 Bartletts Tenantry, Sergeants Village, Christ Church and Akeem Ricardo Bourne (who’s the same age as Robinson) of #2, 5th Avenue, Wildey, St. Michael and #385 Emerald Park West, Six Roads, Saint Philip now face the following charges-:
• Aggravated Burglary (Ixora Restaurant situated at Golden Sands Hotel) (6th January, 2018)
• Aggravated Burglary (Residence of Emmerson Trotman) (3rd January, 2018)
• Robbery of Emmerson Trotman (3rd January, 2018)
• 8 counts of endangering lives by discharging a firearm in a public place while at Ixora Restaurant (6th January, 2018)
Hakeem Robinson faces additional charges of:
• Burglary (residence of Donna Atherley) (12th January, 2018)
• Aggravated Burglary (Residence of Lee and Princess Johnson) (Between the 15th and 16th of January, 2018)
• Robbery of Chad Wright (8th January, 2018)
• Serious Bodily Harm (Chad Wright) (8th January, 2018)
• Use of Firearm (8th January, 2018)
• Possession and/or Trafficking of a controlled substance on 4 different occasions this month…
The pair are expected to appear in the Oistins Magistrates Court later this morning.
- Roland Cobbler – Insp. (Ag);
Public Relations Officer