CHEVENING SCHOLARS ANNOUNCED
The Chevening Scholars for the academic year 2017-18 were announced by Janet Douglas, British High Commissioner for B’dos & Eastern Caribbean.
- Kymanne Andrew-Alexander studying International Development at the University of Birmingham
- Rosana John studying Law at University College London
- Denee Toussaint studying Interaction Design and Computing at the University of Westminster
St Kitts and Nevis
- Crios Freeman studying Law at Queen Mary University of London
- Alisha Ally studying Media Practice for Development and Social Change at the University of Sussex
- Kendall Elva studying Social Development at the University of Sussex
- Louise Victor studying International Public Relations and Global Communications Management at Cardiff University.
At her official Residence, Ms Douglas presented certificates to the seven Chevening awardees. Also present was UK-funded Barbados Commonwealth Scholar Cherisse Francis, as well as other Barbados Scholars, Exhibitioners and National Development Scholarship awardees. They gathered with undergraduate and post-graduate students who are leaving shortly to start courses in the UK, to hear presentations and advice from Chevening Alumni about study at British universities.
Applications can be made now for Chevening Scholarships at www.chevening.org for the academic year 2018-19. The application period closes on 7 November.