Traffic Diversions & Regulations in place to facilitate hosting of “Soca Royale”
The travelling public is asked to note that on Sunday the 30th of July 2017, a number of temporary road changes will be in place to facilitate the hosting of “Soca Royale“, which will be held at Bushy Park, St. Philip
These changes are as follows:
- Between 10:00 am and 11:00 pm, Bushy Park Road shall be a one-way street from its junction with Congo Road to its junction with Oughterson Road going in the direction of Parish Land, St. Philip.
- Between 10”00 am to 11:00 pm, no driver or person in charge of a vehicle shall park or allow the vehicle to remain stationary on any of the following roads or the adjoining footpaths except for the purpose of picking up or setting down passengers;
- Bushy Park Road;
(b) Congo Road;
(c) PadmoreVillage Road;
(d) Gaskin Road;
(e) Parish Land Road;
(f) Farm Road;
(g) Oughterson Road:
- (h) Fairfield Road
- Between 10:00 am and 11:00 pm, no person shall park or allow a vehicle to remain stationary along the emergency route or alternate route except for the purpose of picking up or setting down passengers.
- Emergency route commences at Oughterson Road, and proceeds along Parish Land Road, Church Village Road, Ebenezer Road in the parish of Saint Philip, Windsor Road, Highway 5, Boarded Hall Road, South District Road in the parish of Saint George, Mapp Hill Road, Government Hill, Welches Road, Belmont Road, Martindale’s Road to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, St. Michael
NB – The following policies will be strictly enforced by members of the Royal Barbados Police Force:
- Glass bottles will not be allowed into the venue by patrons or stall owners.
- Smoking in Public Places is against the law, therefore Smoking will be prohibited in the venue which will be transformed into a public place of entertainment.
- All persons and vehicles entering the venue will be subjected to a search.
In an effort to facilitate easy access away from the venue, and reduce congestion on completion of the event;
- Patrons parked on the Northern Side of the venue (Oughterson Road, and Gaskin Road) will be directed to travel from Gaskin Road, unto Oughterson Road, towards Church Village St. Philip.
- Patrons parked on the Southern Side of the venue (Congo Road) will be directed to travel from Congo Road unto Farm Road, towards Six Roads.
Persons are advised that they are to comply will all directions given by Police Officers.
- Roland Cobbler – Insp. (Ag);
Public Relations Officer