NEW REASONS TO LOVE HBO ON SATURDAY NIGHTS
This July and August, expect the unexpected from HBO’s Saturday night movie lineup, with two months of back-to-back exclusive movie premieres every Saturday night at 21hrs AST* that will dip viewers’ toes into every possible genre and keep them on the edge of their seats. From potential award-winning films to those that assembled dream casts, these films have seen their share of controversy and excitement. The most coveted night of the week belongs to HBO, home to the most provocative programming on television today.
Here are some of the films premiering this July, exclusively on HBO:
- The Hateful Eight – July 22: In post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunter John “The Hangman” Ruth and his fugitive prisoner encounter another bounty hunter and a man who claims he is a sheriff.
- War Dogs – July 29: Loosely based on a true story, War Dogs is the story of two young American kids who became big-time weapons dealers.
The following films premiere this August, exclusively on HBO:
- Fifty Shades of Black – August 5: A parody film of Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades of Black follows Hannah Steele as she interviews entrepreneur Christian Black for the school paper, as a favor for her roommate. Flirtation leads to attraction, and soon Christian invites Hannah to his home and introduces her to his twisted world S&M.
- Pete’s Dragon – August 12: In Pete’s Dragon, Oscarâ winner and Hollywood legend Robert Redford plays a woodcarver who is known for his stories about a mysterious dragon that lives deep in the woods of the Pacific Northwest. It’s not until one day when Pete, an orphan boy, emerges from the woods, and tells his tale about his life alongside a giant, friendly dragon, that people start to believe in the possibility that this in fact real.
- The Accountant – August 19: Two-time Oscarâ winner Ben Affleck stars in The Accountant, an action thriller about a mathematics savant who makes a living as a freelance accountant for dangerous criminal organizations but has to carefully watch his steps once the Treasury Department catches wind of his dealings. The film also stars Oscarâ nominee Anna Kendrick and Oscar winner J.K. Simmons (Whiplash).
- Storks – August 26: It’s been a long time since storks were responsible for delivering babies, and today instead work for a retail giant bringing packages to clients’ doors. When an order for a baby suddenly appears, the best delivery stork in the game is put to the ultimate test and has to deliver the baby.
All of these films will also be available on HBO GO, the digital platform for premium entertainment. HBO GO can be accessed through any mobile device with iOS 7.1+ (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) or Android (OS 4.0+) operating system and at www.hbogoca.com. HBO GO can also be enjoyed on the TV screen with Chromecast and Apple TV.
The platform is also available as an independent online subscription through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store digital stores, as an on-demand service with participating operators and as an add-on complement at no additional cost with a subscription to the premium pay-TV HBO/MAX package.