CAR THEFT RING BUSTED
Police in the Northern Division have made a major breakthrough in relation to a number of car Thefts committed between April, 2014 and May 2017.
Police have arrested and formally charged 35 year old Ryan O’Neal Wickham from Enterprise Coast Road, Christ Church. Wickham was charged on:
- Fourteen (14) counts of theft of motorcars from the Northern Division
- Six(6) counts of theft of motorcars from the Southern Division
- One (1) count of theft of motorcar from the Bridgetown Division.
Two men were also charged for handling stolen property in relation to the stolen motor cars. They are:
1) Dwayne O’Neal Best, 36 years of Lowther Hill, St.Patrick’s, Christ Church.
2) Shanley Stevenson Nurse 36 years of Maxwell Hill, Christ Church.
The trio appeared before Magistrate Bannister in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court on Saturday the 1st of July 2017.
Ryan O’Neal Wickham pleaded guilty to one (1) count of theft of motorcar and was sentenced to 3 years in prison. He was further remanded into custody to reappear on the 4th , 5th , and 10th of July 2017, in the District ‘C’, ‘D’, ‘F’, and ‘B’ Courts respectively in relation to the other counts of theft.
Dwayne Best and Shanley Nurse both pleaded not guilty and were granted bail at the sum of $15,000.00, with one surety, to reappear in court on the 4th and 10th of July 2017 respectively.
- Roland Cobbler – Insp. (Ag);
Public Relations Officer