JAMAICAN CAMPBELL CHARGED
Members of the Drug Squad have formally charged Jamaican national Samuel Leroy Campbell 22 years, with the offences of:
1. Possession of cannabis;
2. Possession with intent to supply cannabis;
3. Trafficking cannabis; and
4. Importation of cannabis
On June 9, 2016, Campbell arrived in Barbados by air. He was interviewed by Drug Squad personnel and referred to the QEH. While there he passed 121 packages of cannabis weighing 1 kilogram.
Campbell appeared at Magistrates Court and was sentenced as follows:
On the charges of-
1. Possession of cannabis, fined $10,000.00 forthwith or 2 years in prison;
2. Possession with intent to supply cannabis, Convicted, Reprimanded and Discharged;
3. Trafficking cannabis, Reprimanded and Discharged; and
4. Importation of cannabis, fined $5,000.00 forthwith or 2 years to run concurrently with the above sentence.
The fines were not paid.
- David Welch – ASP (Ag);
Public Relations Officer