HBO SETS NEW RECORD IN THE PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS WITH 126 NOMINATIONS
For the 15th year in a row, HBO received the most nominations for the upcoming Primetime Emmy® Awards with a total of 126 nominations, which were announced last week in Los Angeles.
“Game of Thrones” led all HBO nominees with 24 nominations, while “Olive Kitteridge” received 13 nominations and the original film “Bessie” was nominated 12 times. Also, “Boardwalk Empire” received 10 nominations, “Veep” counts 9 nominations and “Silicon Valley” was nominated in 7 categories.
HBO’s Emmy® nominations this year include:
- 24 nominations for “Game of Thrones,” including Outstanding Drama Series
- 13 nominations for “Olive Kitteridge,” including Outstanding Limited Series
- 12 nominations for “Bessie,” including Outstanding Television Movie
- 10 nominations for “Boardwalk Empire,” including Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Tim Van Patten).
- 9 nominations for “Veep,” including Outstanding Comedy Series
- 7 nominations for “Silicon Valley,” including Outstanding Comedy Series
- 6 nominations for “The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst,” including Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series and Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming (Andrew Jarecki).
- 4 nominations for “Citizenfour,” including Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking and Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming (Laura Poitras).
- 4 nominations for “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver”
- 2 nominations for “The Case Against Eight,” including Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special.
- 2 nominations for “Girls,” including Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Adam Driver) and Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series (Gaby Hoffman).
- 2 nominations for “Hello Ladies: The Movie,” including Outstanding Television Movie and Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie or a Dramatic Special (Stephen Merchant, Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg).
- 2 nominations for “Nightingale,” including Outstanding Television Movie and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie (David Oyelowo).
Other HBO nominees include “Bill Maher: Live from D.C.,” “The Comeback,” “Getting On,” “The Newsroom,” “True Blood” and “Vice,” among others.
In addition, as part of HBO Latin America’s acquired programming in the region, “Mad Men” was recognized with 11 nominations; “Masters of Sex,” “Penny Dreadful” and “The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe” with 3 nominations each; and “House of Lies,” “Ray Donovan” and “Conan” each with 1 nomination, which leads to a final count of 131 nominations for HBO Latin America’s exclusive content.
The Primetime Emmy® Awards will be announced Sept. 20.
* For more information on the HBO/MAX family of channels, either call (246) 620-FLOW/3569 or visit www.hbomax.tv.