Which Barbadian & Caribbean Companies ignore Proposals or Requests? READ HERE & LEARN!
There is a pervasive trend of companies who either originate in Barbados or have sprung from this rock or have done business here to ignore or perpetually postpone a query, proposal or an idea in the possible hope the person asking will give up or take the non-response as a negative.
You may recall, not so long ago, Donville Inniss (belated birthday fellow Kolijian) at the rebranding of Standard Distributor’s flagship in Wildey lambasted both private and public sector companies for not answering other organisations who need cooperation for projects – he even said if the answer is “NO,” then say so immediately and save all sides much frustration.
I know many a Bajan considers me unmannerly merely because I may decline a request (Some are looking for sponsorship in events or they’re job seeking but this website is almost no staff) and do so in 24 to 48 hours, how can I reach such a conclusion? I have been told so to my face – not by eMail! 😉
Bajan Reporter has taken upon itself as part of our New Year’s resolutions to warn other quest-seekers to not waste time approaching these organisations for any favours… Perhaps the listed companies will also learn manners and respond quickly when other more persevering folk decide to attempt and engage their services? Anyway, here goes;-
- 21st Century Oncology (Puerto Rican medical firm)
- Tenet Healthcare (Miami Hospital)
- Digicel Barbados (Love free publicity, yet cannot answer a slew of proposals since 2007? Yet in June 2012 when I was late in paying my cell’s service it was chopped faster than you can say; “Sure & Begorrah!”)
- Republic Bank
- First Citizens
- LIAT (Loves sending me Advertorials like new rates for Xmas flights and expect me to run it for free, yet when it comes time to step up to the crease? The reply on seeing my Counter Proposal is usually; “Oh, this will be forwarded to Marketing who will issue a response shortly!” Thank the Others I was not holding my breath…)
- Phoenix Airways (defunct, principal accused of fraud – not surprised)
- Terra Caribbean
- Trowel Plastics
- Twenty One Degrees
- GAIA, Inc.
- Hanschell Inniss
- Guardian Life
- Tropical Laundries/Terrific Tiles
- G4S (Security Outlet)
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Liberty Store
- Tastee (Jamaican Patties)
- Electronics On Edge
- Four and Twenty Bakery
- Ghost Armor
- South 7 Bar & Grill
- Star Foods