Salvation Army Launches 2014 Christmas Kettle Appeal

‘Tis the season for giving and Barbadians can get the kettle bells off to a resounding start this Thursday 20th November at 4:30 p.m. when the Salvation Army launches its annual Christmas Kettle Appeal at Jubilee Gardens in the City.

Making the announcement, Salvation Army Divisional Commander for Barbados and St. Lucia, Major Rosemarie Brown said the Army was hoping for a heroic effort this year from all Barbadians as they faced even greater challenges meeting the needs of less fortunate citizens.

“We know that things have not been getting any easier economically speaking, and there has been clear evidence that the less fortunate among us are very much at risk. That’s why we are calling on all Barbadians, both on a corporate and individual level, to make that heroic effort by contributing to our appeal this year,” she said.

SA Kettle Launch 2013

(FILE IMAGE) There will also be Special Greetings from the Member of Parliament for the City, Lieut.-Col. Jeffrey Bostic, and Minister of Social Care, Constituency Empowerment and Community Development, Steve Blackett.

Noting that the proceeds from the 2013 kettle appeal had been down on the previous year by over 40 percent, Major Brown said the Army was looking to turn things around this year beginning with Thursday’s launch event.

We are very hopeful that beginning on Thursday, we will see a turnaround in what has been a difficult period the past couple of years. We are aware that it will require many of our fellow Barbadians to give sacrificially. That is what this Season of Christmas has always been about, and it’s why the Salvation Army was established.

Thursday’s launch ceremony will feature performances from Sister Margarita Marshall, the Limelight Chorale, the Youth Chorale and the Timbrel Brigade.

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

Comments

add a comment

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.