“Layover” (2014) – Nathalie Fay, Karl E. Landler: Romantic Drama HD
- World Premiere: Seattle International Film Festival (In competition)
- California Premiere: Dances With Films (In competition)
- Official Selection: Festival du Nouveau Cinema de Montreal
- Official Selection: Scottsdale International Film Festival
- Official Selection: Surrey International Film Festival
In this French-language feature film debut from writer/director Joshua Caldwell, Simone (Nathalie Fay) is a young Parisian en route to her wedding in Singapore. But when the airline cancels her connecting flight, she’s forced to spend the night in Los Angeles. She decides to make the best of it and contact an old acquaintance, Juliette (Bella Dayne), who is going through a rough patch in her marriage. Invigorated by her friend’s arrival, Juliette insists on taking Simone out for a night of club-hopping. With little regard for her friend, Juliette soon disappears with a stranger, leaving Simone stranded downtown without a ride. When an attractive motorcyclist (Karl E. Landler) appears and offers her a ride, Simone cautiously accepts, leading to an evening of adventure that results in her questioning her life’s direction and, ultimately, if she’s truly ready to make her connection in the morning.