Guyanese crew members charged for Illegal drugs found on cargo vessel
On Tuesday 15 October 2013, and a joint operation was carried out by members of the Police Drug Squad, the Enforcement Unit of the Barbados Customs and Excise Department and the Barbados Coast Guard on board a cargo vessel which had sailed from Guyana and arrived in Barbados about 8:20 pm on 15 October 2013. 107 packages of cannabis weighing 101.02 kgs, 20.6 kgs of cocaine and one (1) submachine pistol were found and seized.
1. Possession of Cannabis
2. Possession with intent to supply cannabis
3. Trafficking cannabis
4. Importation of cannabis
5. Possession of cocaine
6. Possession with intent to supply cocaine
7. Trafficking cocaine
8. Importation of cocaine
9. Illegal possession of a firearm; and
10. Illegal importation of a firearm.
The crew members are:
1. Tito Talo Moore, 26 year old Seaman, of Lindon Highway, Kururu;
2. Carlton Andre Lacaille, 43 year old Seaman, of Caneville Grove, Eastbank, Demerara;
3. Burkeley Levert Crawford, 24 year old Seaman, of Mount Sinai, New Amsterdam, Berbice; and
4. Yagpaul Bhisundial, 30 year old Seaman, of Edinburgh Scheme, Eastbank, Demerara.
These men are expected to appear at the District A Magistrates Court today Saturday 19 October 2013. The other 4 crew members were allowed to return to the vessel.
- David Welch – Insp.
Pub. Rel’s Officer (RBPF)