Barbadian Man charged for gun, Men charged for robberies
Police have arrested and charged Rommel Marlon Gittens 32 years of Licorish Village, My Lord’s Hill, St. Michael, for the following offences:
1. Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
2. Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
3. Unlawful Possession of Cannabis (very small quantity)
4. Unlawful Possession of Camouflage
On the 2013-08-28 Police executed a search warrant at his residence of and the mentioned articles found.
He appeared at the District A Magistrate Court over the weekend.
MEN AND A JUVENILE CHARGED FOR ROBBERY, CRIMINAL DAMAGE OFFENCES
Police have arrested and formally charged the following persons jointly for the offences of 2 counts of Robbery and 1 count of criminal damage (to a Transport Board Bus). These offences occurred on Wildey Road, St. Michael on the 27 August 2013. The accused persons and their two victims were passengers on the bus. After committing the two robberies, the perpetrators exited the bus in Wildey, in the area of the old Banks Breweries, threw rocks at the bus causing damages to its left rear windows.
- 15 year old juvenile of, Brittons Hill, St. Michael,
- Keibarry Remario Bryan 18 years of Fordes Road, Brittons Hill, St. Michael,
- Rico Danny Kirton 17 years of Block 8B Bonnetts Brittons Hill, St. Michael,
- Ziggy Matthew Shawn Wilson 20 years of Scotts Gap, Brittons Hill, St. Michael and
- Akeem Nathaniel Williams 21 years of Fordes Road, Brittons Hill, St. Michael
The five accused persons appeared at the District A Magistrate Court on Friday 30 August 2013; Rico Williams and Akeem Williams (who faced other charges) were remanded to return to Court on 25 September 2013; the other three persons each were granted bail in the sum of $7500 with one surety to return to Court on 11 September 2013.
- David Welch; Insp.
RBPF’s Public Relations Officer