“SMASH and GRAB” Documentary: The Story of the Pink Panthers
Playing out like a noir thriller spiced with cutting-edge animation and shocking real surveillance footage, Havana Marking’s Smash & Grab is an exclusive all-access pass into the mysterious world of international jewel thieves. Dubbed ‘The Pink Panthers,’ the formidable Balkan gang has stolen nearly a billion dollars worth of jewels from boutiques in the world’s most opulent cities, including Geneva, Paris, London, Dubai and Tokyo. Through never-before-seen interviews with key gang members, this provocative documentary delves into the gang’s incredible history and introduces the viewer to the global police forces who work furiously to stop them. Beyond the glitz of the Panthers’ incredible heists, Smash & Grab exposes dark truths about the illicit diamond trade and the world’s most ruthless mafia networks.
- “Fascinating and gripping! Smart.. Slickly shot and clever…”– Mark Adams, Screen International
- “A great story…if you’re not in the jewelry business. A polished cinematic whirl.” – David D’Arcy, Artinfo
- “Absorbing! Has the insider’s level of detail that gives so many good crime movies their bite.” – Nicolas Rapold, The New York Times
- “Eerily Timely. Fascinates.” – Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
- “A gripping portrait of a daring international jewel-theft ring!” – Scott Foundas, Variety
- “Wildly involving!” – Alan Scherstuhl, Village Voice
- “Smash and Grab is a hit!” – Farran Smith Nehme, New York Post
SMASH and GRAB Documentary Film Trailer.
Directed by Havana Marking
Starring Tomislav Benzon, Jasmin Topalusic, Daniel Vivian, Rob Kennedy
© 2013 Doppelganger Releasing