The Definitive Caribbean Investment Forum Returns To New York City This June
The countdown is on to the Avalon Invest Caribbean Now forum, the definitive Caribbean investment meeting and the most promoted item on the Caribbean Week calendar, set for June 5th from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Radisson Martinique, 49 West 32nd Street at Broadway in New York City.
With over 1,000 media placements already including on the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Bloomberg and Reuters, the conference remains true to its goal of matching international financial influencers with government officials and policy makers from “Paradise,” the last emerging market on earth.
Speakers and panelists confirmed for ICN 2013 include:
- Anthony Eterno, U.S. State Department
- Washington Misick, Finance Minister, Turks & Caicos Islands
- Beverly Nicholson-Doty, Chairman, Caribbean Tourism Organization, (CTO) and Commissioner Tourism, USVI
- Alan Lowenstein, managing director, Wedgewood Investment Group
- E.Jay Saunders, CEO, Digicel TCI
- Heather Floissac, managing director, Belle Vue Properties Ltd
- Brian Lilly, CEO, Lilly Broadcasting and One Caribbean Television
- Adam Goldstein, president, Royal Caribbean International
- Miguel Reyna, director, port business development and asset management, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Dr. Grace Lappin, managing director, Avalon Partners
- Xiaoguang Liu, consul in charge of economic & commercial affairs of the Consulate General of China in New York
- Lin Jiangxin, president of American Chinese Commerce Development Association, (ACCDA)
- Li Li, managing director of the Chinese American Business Development Center, (CABDC)
- Ganesh Ramanathan, creative director, Hard Beat Communications
Government attendees will include:
- John Percy de Jongh, Jr, Governor, US Virgin Islands
- Hubert Hughes, Chief Minister, Anguilla
- Senator Ricky Skerritt, Minister Tourism & International Transport, International Trade, Industry, Commerce & Consumer Affairs, St. Kitts
- Lorne Theophilus, Minister Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries, St. Lucia
- Stephen Cadiz, Minister Tourism, Trinidad & Tobago
- Assemblyman Tracy Davidson-Celestine, Deputy Chief Secretary and Secretary, Division of Tourism and Transportation of Tobago
- Mark Brantley, Minister Tourism, Nevis
- Nicolaas Sneek, Commissioner St. Eustatius
- Hugh Riley, secretary general, Caribbean Tourism Organization, (CTO).
Private sector representatives will include senior executives fromJP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, Nomura, CIBC World Capital, Ibis Investments, Aegis Capital, Portfolio Credit Management Limited, DHL, Marriott International, Spackman Capital, Royal Caribbean Cruise, Ltd., One Caribbean Television, Avalon Partners, Digicel, TCI, Scotiabank TCI and Sun Realty among others.
A VIP only reception for sponsors, speakers, panelists and special guests will precede the forum on June 4th at the Yale Club and will be sponsored by The Turks & Caicos Islands Investment Agency.