St Kitts Marriott Resorts Celebrates 10 Years of Community
Since opening its doors in early 2003, the St. Kitts Marriott Resort & the Royal Beach Casino has enjoyed a decade of supporting and giving back to the Community and is just getting started.
The St Kitts Marriott hotel supports the following St. Kitts businesses and organizations:
• The Ripple Institute is an operational arm of the Outreach Foundation, a non-profit community development company.
• AVEC is a post-secondary training institute whose core objective is to develop young people to become productive and positive citizens.
• Ade’s Place is a non- profit organization which provides training and care for adults with special needs,
• Essence of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation
• St Christopher Children’s home
• Pink Lilly Breast Cancer Foundation
• Joseph N France General Hospital and other health institutes
• Cotton Thomas Comprehensive School – school for persons with special needs
• Annual St Kitts Music Festival
• Charles A Halbert Public Library
The St Kitts hotel has also placed huge emphasis on assisting with the education of the future hospitality experts of the island. St Kitts has 17 Primary Schools plus 5 Secondary Schools and they all been recipients of the St Kitts resort’s generosity in one form or the other.
The resort has become known for journeying to the different schools during their annual Associate Appreciation Week, with the purpose of painting, repairing or rebuilding classrooms on the island. Their generosity has also been in the form of donations to events and activities in St Kitts and even to spending time with students.
The hotel in St Kitts generosity has known no bounds as it continues annually to provide a 6 week hospitality program for the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College interns. Recently this has progressed to other tertiary learning institutions like Advanced Vocational Educational Center. Members of staff have also lent their expertise by facilitating specific topics in schools.
“It is important to support the local community. We are dedicated to improving the sustainability and quality of life of all of our communities,” said Jacques Hamou, General Manager.
The St Kitts Marriott collaborates and partners with community groups in the beautification of different areas of the island. From planting of trees, repairing of play grounds, to clean up campaigns in different areas and along the country’s coastline, the resort has pitched in and done its part.
The items were delivered to the Sea Port and deposited into a container held there before being transported to Haiti. Later that year the resort embarked on a partnership with the Pink Lilly Breast Cancer Foundation. A Spin-a-thon was organized at the resort and the proceeds were also donated to Haiti.