Drugs in Cell, More Jail for Inmates? Plants discovered & man on Narcotics Charges
HMP DODDS INMATES CHARGED WITH DRUG OFFENCES
1. On Thursday February 7, 2013, Prison Officers conducted random searches of cells at Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds and as a result, illegal drug cannabis was discovered in the cells of two inmates.
In the cell of Wayne Randolph Springer, 43 years, 2 transparent packages containing cannabis weighing 10.6 gms were discovered. Springer is currently serving a 25 year sentence for Rape.
In the cell of Morlan Orein King, 28 years, 3 transparent packages containing cannabis weighing 42.8 gms were discovered. King is currently on remand for felony offences.
Both matters were referred to the Drug Squad and the following charges were preferred:
1. Wayne Springer was arrested and charged for illegal possession of cannabis.
2. Morlan King was arrested and charged for:
a. Illegal possession of cannabis;
b. Possession with intent to supply; and
Springer and King are expected to appear at the District C Magistrate Court on Monday February 11, 2013.
CANNABIS PLANTS FOUND
3. Rodney Cuthbert Clarke, 35 yrs of Silver Sands, Ch. Ch. was arrested and charged for the following offences on Thursday February 7, while at Silver Sands, Ch. Ch.
1. Illegal possession a controlled drug to whit, cannabis.
2. Possession with intent to supply and
Clarke was stopped by a police patrol in the Silver Sands area and a search of his haversack was conducted. Four (4) white taped packages of cannabis were discovered. Weight 4 ½ pounds.