INSIDE JOB? Barbados Police dismantle a criminal ring at the Port: MEN ARRESTED FOR ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF FIREARMS & AMMUNITION
Members of the Drug Squad continued their operations at the Bridgetown Port which started in 2012 and they were successful between January 9 and 10, 2013 in dismantling a criminal ring made up of Port employees and a man employed as a Freighter.
1. Selwyn Junior Thorne, 37 years, of Enterprise Development, Christ Church. A Port Security Officer;
2. Chelston Anthony Mayhew, 41 years of Ashdean Village, Black Rock, St. Michael. A Docker at the Port;
3. Jeffrey Orlando Jackman, 57 years of Mangrove Park, St. Philip. A Port Security Officer; and
4. Michael Ophneil Williams, 41 years of Foursquare Valley, St. Philip. A Freighter
The above persons have been charged for the following offences:
1. Possession of cannabis – 46.2 kgs
3. Possession with intent to supply; and
On Thursday January 10, 2013, continued investigations within the Bridgetown Port led to the seizure of 16.5 kgs of cannabis and the seizure of three (3) handguns.
As a result the following persons were arrested and charged:
1. Selwyn Junior Thorne, 37 years, of Enterprise Development, Christ Church.
2. Michael Ophneil Williams, 41 years of Foursquare Valley, St. Philip.
They were jointly charged for the following offences:
1. Illegal possession of 3 firearms
2. Illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition
3. Importation of firearms without valid licences
4. Importation of ammunition without a valid licence
5. Possession of cannabis – 16.5 kgs
7. Possession with intent to supply; and
The aforementioned persons are expected to appear at the District A Magistrate Court on Monday January 14, 2013.
David Welch | Insp.
Public Relations Officer of the RBPF