CENTRAL BANK OF BARBADOS TO ENGAGE IN T.V. SERIES ON WHY FOREIGN EXCHANGE IS THE LIFEBLOOD OF THE ECONOMY
revealed it will commence a TV series to explain to Barbadians why foreign exchange is so critical to economic stability.
The institution is inviting Barbadians to tune into the CBC Evening News on CBC TV 8 every Wednesday, commencing November 14, 2012, to view.
This thirteen-part series is intended to help Barbadians understand how we are managing the economy and keeping things stable.
The features will be of five minutes in duration and will underscore the importance of maintaining comfortable levels of foreign exchange in order to secure economic stability and the parity of the Barbadian dollar.
In short, the Bank will demonstrate that in a small open economy such as ours, stability is anchored on accumulating a good stock of foreign exchange reserves. The policy framework in place to balance the inflows and outflows will also be addressed.
The Bank explained that while the foreign exchange story will be told in detail, the general subject areas to be covered in the series include:
• How We Keep the Economy Stable
• Growing the Economy in a Sustainable Fashion
• Living within Our Means
• Why Government Debt is Different from Household Debt
• How the Individual, the Company and the Firm can Contribute to Economic Stability
• What do the Ratings Mean
• Agro Processing
• International Business and Financial Services
• Alternative Energy
• Using NIS Funds to Support Economic Activity