30 Bullets in Barbados, Aggravated Robbery or WAR? Police clean out Chapman Lane & New Orleans districts…
Members of the Special Services Unit (SSU), the CID and other units of the Force conducted an operation in the New Orleans, Chapman Lane and Pickwick Gap which started on Friday night November 9, 2011 into the morning of Saturday November 10, 2012, where several search warrants were executed and as a result 4 persons were detained to assist in ongoing investigations.
One of those persons Danrade Wayne Moise, 26 years of 8th Avenue New Orleans, St. Michael was arrested and charged for Illegal Possession of 1 round of ammunition.
Police will continue to maintain a 24 hour presence in the area to bring to an end the spate of shootings which have occurred in the area.
MEN CHARGED WITH FIREARM OFFENCES
Two men have been charged in two separate incidents for firearm offences.
1. Damian Antonio Branch 28 years of Longford Place, Waterford, St. Michael was arrested and charged for the offences of
• Illegal possession of a .32 firearm
• Illegal possession of 6 rounds ammunition
Members of the SSU were on patrol in the Waterford, St.Michael area after 8 pm on Friday 9 November 2012, when they encountered a group of men. Branch ran and was apprehended and the firearm confiscated.
2. Zico Ramon Maynard 26 years of Pounders Gap, Westbury Road, St. Michael was arrested and charged for the offences of
• Illegal possession of a firearm
• Illegal possession of quantity ammunition
• Illgela possession of a small quantity of cannabis.
Members of the CID were on patrol on Broad Street, Bridgetown, on the morning of Saturday 10 November 2012, when they encountered a Maynard. A search of his person at Central Police Station revealed the illegal firearm. All persons are expected to appear at the District A Magistrate Court on Monday 11 November 2012.
- David Welch | Insp.