Ask the Consul September 2012 – ‘New Procedures for Mail-in Visa Applications’
- What are the new requirements for mail-in visa applications?
Starting in August 2012, the U.S. Embassy has established new requirements for the mail-in visa program. The requirements listed in the chart below will help guide you in figuring out whether you can submit a visa application by mail.
If you or your child meets ALL of the criteria, please submit the following supporting documentation:
- Your passport, valid for at least 6 months and with at least one blank page
- Any previous passports issued to you or your child containing U.S. visas
- Evidence of your ability to finance travel, through a bank statement or other means
- DS-160 Application confirmation page
- One (1) color photograph (5 cm x 5 cm)
- The visa application fee, a non-refundable US$160 or BBD$323 bank draft made payable to the U.S. Embassy. No personal or company checks, debit or credit cards can be accepted.
- Pre-paid airway bill and courier pack for return of the documents in a courier service package addressed to the Consular Section.
You can also “like” our U.S. Embassy Bridgetown page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/USEmbassyBarbados) to learn about upcoming visa chats!
More visa information can be found at the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the U.S. State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html.