BAJANS & VINCIES CHARGED REGARDING DRUG SEIZURE OFF BARBADOS’ NORTH POINT
The following persons have been arrested and jointly charged with several drug offences as a result of the seizure of 33 polythene bags of cannabis, weighing 1394 lbs by the RBPF Drug Squad at sea 6 nautical miles off North Point, St. Lucy about 2:00 am on Tuesday 17 July 2012. The boat was intercepted by the Barbados Coast Guard after a chase.
• Haynes Harry, 37 years of Barrouallie, St. Vincent;
• Alwyn Ross, 39 years of Calliaqua, St. Vincent;
• Wayne Ricardo Worrell, 38 years; and
• Anderson Bridgeman, 35 years, both of Belleplaine Housing Area, St. Andrew.
They have been jointly charged for the following:
2. Possession with intent to supply
3. Trafficking; and
4. Importation of cannabis within the territorial waters of Barbados.
David Welch | Inspector
Public Relations Officer; RBPF