Royal Barbados Police Force on Overtime: Aggravated burglary, robbery, kidnapping, drugs & firearm offences – Suspects charged
Police in the Southern Division continue to make significant arrests regarding serious criminal acts (Aggravated Burglaries, Kidnapping, Serious Bodily Harm, Possession of a firearm and Burglary) committed between December 2011 and June 2012.
The persons arrested are:
1. Ramon Jamar Jordan, 19 years of Wiltshire Avenue, Bayfield, St. Philip;
2. Randy Ken O’Brien Brathwaite 36 years, of Blades Hill #1, St. Philip;
3. Dwayne Antonio King 20 years, of Bayfield, St. Philip;
4. Junior DeCarlo Taitt 38 years of Blades Hill #2, St. Philip.
5. Wayne Adrian Lovell 35 years of Blackman’s Road, My Lords Hill, St. Michael
Accused Jordan, Brathwaite and King were jointly charged for aggravated burglaries which occurred at the following:
• Shell Pilgrim Road Service Station – December 2011;
• JJ Bar, Long Bay, St. Philip – May 2012;
• Cross Bar, Massiah Street, St. John – May 2012.
Lovell, Jordan, Brathwaite, King and Taitt jointly charged for aggravated burglary at Teddies Minimart,E Point, St. Philip – Dec 2011.
Aggravated burglary at Chefette Wildey, St. Michael om May 31, 2012, the following were jointly charged:
6. Peter Jeffrey Belgrave 37 years of Clifden Hill, St. Philip, also Lovell, Brathwaite, Taitt, Jordan and King.
Jordan, Brathwaite and Lovell were jointly charged for the Offences of :
(1) Possession of a firearm without a valid licence; and
(2) Possession of a quantity of Ammunition without a valid permit.
On June 02, 2012, the Anti-gun Unit of the Force intercepted a vehicle at Three Houses Park, St. Philip in which the mentioned persons were travelling. Taitt who was also in the vehicle was arrested and charged for possession of an offensive weapon.
Robbery – Jordan charged. Occurred at Blades Hill #2 – February 2012.
Jordan and Taitt charged jointly for the offences of Kidnapping and Serious Bodily Harm, which was committed on May 10, 2012.
Burglary – Arrested are:
1. Jabarry Stefan Lucas 23 years of Jessamy Avenue, Bayville, St. Michael;
2. Adrian Romario Mottley 17 years of Watermill Place, Bayville, St. Michael; and
3. Charlene Alicia Evans 29 years of Watermill Place, Bayville, St. Michael.
Charges – Lucas and Mottley jointly charged for burglary which occurred at:
• Harmony Cottage, St. George – May 07, 2012;
• Club Morgan, Christ Church – May 10, 2012
• Rendezvous terrace, Christ Church – May 07, 2012
Lucas and Evans jointly charged for burglary at:
• Frere Pilgrim, Christ Church – May 2012.
• Content Cot, St. Philip- May 17, 2012
• Bottom Drive, Applehall, St. Philip
• Coles Terrace, St. Philip.
Lucas charged for burglary which occurred at:
• Locust Hall, St. George – May 03 2012
• Locust Hall, St. George – May 10 2012
• Coverley, Christ Church – May 16, 2012
• Hothersal terrace, St. Michael May 15, 2012
Leon Garfield Lawrence 22 years of Cane Vale Christ Church; on 2011-12-17, Leon Garfield committed the following offences, whilst at Silver Hill, Ch. Ch.
01. Used a firearm and did not have a valid license.
02. Serious Bodily Harm
The offences were committed when there was an East Constituency football competition at Silver Hill, Ch. Ch. on the mentioned date.
04. Use of a firearm when he was not the holder of a valid license to do so on 10-07-08,
Sometime after 22:45 hrs on 10-07-08, whilst at Bonnets Brittons Hill, St. Michael, he committed the offence.
Members of the Special Services Unit in an early morning operation at Vaughns #2, St. Joseph on Friday June 8, 2012 seized the following :
• 1, 777 cannabis growing in a bushy area. These plants ranged between 1 to 10 feet in height.
• 563 seedlings between 4 to 6 inches in height were seized.
• A pipe gun and one 12 gauge cartridge was also seized.
All the accused persons are expected to appear at various courts across the island, mainly at the District B and District C Courts.
- David Welch – Insp.
Pub. Rel’s. Officer of the RBPF