Barbados Police – Drug, Firearms arrests & seizure, as well as stabbing
An operation was carried out by members of Barbados’ Southern Division at ‘De Nest’ situated at Maxwell Hill, Christ Church on Saturday 12 May 2012 at 4:30 am. Following are results of the operation:
1. A 9 mm pistol was recovered, containing 17 rounds of ammunition;
2. 20 grammes of cocaine and 190 grammes of cannabis (loose quantity) were found;
3. Toriano Tracy Hunte 40 years, of Queen Victoria Road, Bank Hall St. Michael was arrested and charged for unlawful possession of a .45 pistol and possession of 7 rounds of ammunition without a permit;
4. Owner Robin Ryan 40 years of Plantation Walk, Clapham, St Michael and Latoya Elliott 29 years of the same address were jointly charged for ‘being concerned with the management of premises permitted the use of controlled drug on the premises;
5. Henry Oneal McConney 33 years of Packers Valley, St. Patrick, Christ Church was charged for possession of cannabis, assault and resisting Police in the execution of duty
6. Chantelle Springer 20 years also of Parkers Valley, St Patrick, Christ Church was charged for resisting and assault.
Toriano Hunte appeared at the Oistins Magistrate Court and was remanded to Dodds Prison to reappear on 11 June 2012.
Ryan and Elliott were both granted bail in the sum of $10,000 with one surety each, both to return to Court on 19 June 2012.
2. DRUG SEIZURE AND ARREST AT GAIA
Stanley Scott, 66 years, of Dunlow Lane, Bay Street, St. Michael was arrested and charged for the offences of:
1. Possession of 11 lbs of cannabis
2. Possession with intent to supply
Scott arrived by air from Jamaica in the afternoon of 13 May 2012 and was referred to Customs by Police. A search revealed a false bottom in his luggage where the illegal drug was discovered.
Today Monday 14 May 2012, Scott appeared at the District B Magistrate Court where he pleaded guilty to all the charges and he received the following sentences.
For the offence of:
1. Possession of 11 lbs of cannabis, he was CRD;
2. Possession with intent to supply, he was fined $10,000 in 9 months or 2 years in prison;
3. Trafficking, he was fined $40,000 in 18 months or 3 years in prison;
4. Importation, he was fined $15,000 in 12 months or 2 years in prison.
3. SHOOTING ON BOARD B25
On May 13, 2012, about 5.05 pm, Kyrone Hinds, 27 years of Benthams, ST. Lucy was shot three times while on the minibus at Road View, St. Peter. It has been reported that he was attacked by 2 armed men and received injuries to his left forearm, left thigh and chest area. He was taken to the QEH by ambulance where he underwent surgery. He is currently in a serious condition.
4. STABBING INCIDENT
Nicholas Watson, 53 years of Mangrove Terrace, St. Philip, was stabbed today Monday May 14, 2012, while at Mangrove Terrace, St. Philip. He was rushed to the QEH where he was diagnosed with a collapsed left lung. He is currently in a serious condition. A person is currently assisting with this investigation.
- David Welch | Insp.
Pub. Rel’s. Officer: Royal Barbados Police Force