Barbadian Online Publication offers Big Break For Talented Young Writers
Young aspiring journalists now have a chance to let their voices be heard. Kurama Magazine, a website which caters to Caribbean women, is launching a writing contest that is open to English-speaking writers all over the world. The winner will get his/her very own column on the online magazine as well as a $50 gift voucher for retailer Book Source, the sponsor of this contest.
From January 12th to February 20th, anyone between the ages of 18 and 32 can enter a sample of writing for a chance to win. The sample must be no more than 650 words and should be within the theme the contestant would want their winning column to be about. For instance, if the potential column would be about fashion, the writing sample should be fashion-related.
“There is so much raw talent out there that needs an outlet to shine. We have thousands of fans worldwide and this exciting internship opportunity will be a great boost for the career of one lucky budding journalist,” said Gina Aimey-Moss, Executive Editor of Kurama Magazine.
Kurama Magazine aims to help young women become more beautiful, inside and out. The online magazine is committed to being both an informative and entertaining resource that also promotes personal development, positive body image, and individuality.
Contest Rules & Tips:
• The Writing Contest is open to writers aged 18 to 32 years old; entries must be submitted between January 12th and February 20th.
• Contestants can be from any country but must be fluent in English. Having photographic skills would be a plus and should be mentioned in your bio.
• Entries must be between 450-650 words and fit into at least one of the following themes: fashion & beauty, health, personal development, entertainment, fitness, love, Caribbean culture.
• Submit entries to email@example.com and include your full name, age, mailing address, phone number and the theme of the entry (look at the list above).
• Contestants should also include a bio that’s 100-200 words.
• Each contestant can submit up to three entries but each writing sample must be of a different theme.
• The contestant’s entry must be his/her creative or copyrighted property; if not, he/she will be disqualified.
• Remember you’re competing not just for an internship, but a column. So try to make your writing sample unique and let your personality shine through.
• The winner would update his/her column with 2-3 articles per month for 6 months.
• The winner will be announced by February 25th.