HBO ANNOUNCES DECEMBER 2011 MOVIE FEATURES
- Easy (Sony Pictures) – Olive (Emma Stone) is an average high school student whose popularity status changes after a rumor is spreadabout the loss of her virginity. Olive suddenly begins to see herself as Hester Prynne from the Scarlett Letter, a novel currently assigned in class. Certain students (Amanda Bynes, Aly Michalka) are appalled by the rumor, but Olive sets out to enjoy her new identity and use it to her advantage. Directed by: Will Gluck
- Life As We Know It (Warner Bros. Pictures) – Holly (Katherine Heigl) and Eric (Josh Duhamel) are set up on a conclusively no-sparks date by mutual friends, Peter and Allison. After the latter couple is killed in an accident, Holly and Eric find out they are the guardians to Peter and Allison’s daughter, Sophie. With the responsibility of together raising a toddler, they must learn to get along and become a real family. Directed by: Greg Berlanti
The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is.
- Step Up 3 (Touchstone Pictures) – A group of New York City street dancers, Luke (Rick Malambri) and Natalie (Sharni Vinson), team up with New York University freshman Moose (Adam Sevani). Together, they work to compete against the world’s best hip-hop dancers in a life-changing show. Directed by: Jon M. Chu
- Tangled (Walt Disney Animation Studios) – At a young age, Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) received healing powers from a magical flower – an event which led to her kidnapping and imprisonment in a tower at the hands of the evil Mother Gothel (Donna Murphy). Rapunzel, now a beautiful teenager with hair measuring an astounding 70-feet in length, has spent her entire life in the same tower. When runaway thief Flynn Ryder (Zachary Levi) climbs the tower, he is captured by Rapunzel. Ryder then agrees to be her guide to a life beyond. Directed by: Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
- Burlesque (Sony Pictures) – Ali (Christina Aguilera), a small town girl with a big voice, decides to leave behind her difficult past and move to Los Angeles, the city of dreams. There, she accidentally bumps into a majestic theater known as the Burlesque club. Ali then meets Tess (Cher), the club’s glamorous owner who persuades the city newbie to begin work as a Burlesque cocktail waitress. Ali, armed with her mighty talent, soon starts performing at the club. Using extravagant costumes and daring choreography, Ali aims to cause a splash and make some noise. Directed by: Steve Antin