Vincentian Rural Constable held in Barbados on Cocaine Charges, faces 3 years at Dodd’s
Members of the Barbados Drugs Squad have arrested and charged Alison Susan Louis, 44 year old Vincentian Police Rural Constable, of St. Vincent and the Grenadines with for the following offences:
1. Possession of cocaine
2. Trafficking in cocaine
3. Possession with intent to supply cocaine; and
4. Importation of cocaine.
On arrival by air on Wednesday 12th October from St. Vincent, Louis was interviewed by Drugs Squad personnel and was referred to Customs; A search discovered two (2) packages containing cocaine in her underwear. The total weight was 1 lb.
She appeared at the District B Magistrate Court today October 13th 2011, where she pleaded guilty to the offences. She received the following fines/sentences:
1. Possession of cocaine – CRD
2. Trafficking in cocaine – $75,000 or 3 years in prison
3. Possession with intent to supply cocaine – $50,000 or 3 years in prison; and
4. Importation of cocaine – $50,000 or 3 years in prison.
The fines were not paid, and the sentences will run concurrently.
David Welch – Insp.
Public Relations Officer of RBPF