Barbados Police locate Cop Shooters & charge Drug Mules for Contraband
As a result of intensive investigations into the shooting of two Police Officers in Navy Gardens on August 8th 2011, the following persons have been arrested and charged. A Warrant was executed during the investigation and 5 firearms were seized: The two persons charged in connection for the shooting of the police officers are:
1. Arlington Arthur Clarendon Daniel, 22 years, of Old Navy Road, Dayrells Road, Christ Church. He received the following charges:
• 2 counts of wounding (shooting of 2 police officers)
• 1 count of aggravated criminal damage;
• 4 counts of illegal possession of firearms
• Illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition
• Possession of a control drug (9 lbs of cannabis)
• Possession with intent to supply “
• Trafficking in a control drug re “
• Using a firearm in a public place (jointly charged with Thornhill).
2. William Vince Thornhill, 19 years, of Harmony Hall, St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church. He received the following charges:
• 1 count of illegal possession of a firearm
• Illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition;
• Using a firearm in a public place (jointly charged with Daniel).
Also arrested as a result of the investigation in connection with the discovery of firearms at the residence of Arlington Daniel is businessman Andrew Byer, 38 years, of Gilkes Road, Harmony Road, Christ Church.
He has been charged for:
• The illegal disposal of a .38 firearm.
The abovementioned three persons appeared at the District A Magistrate Court on Thursday 11th August, 2011.
As a result of a warrant executed at the residence of Arlington Daniel, his mother Ingrid Althea Quintyne, 51 years of Brighton, St. George was arrested and charged for the following offences:
• Illegal possession of one .25 firearm
• Illegal possession of a quantity of ammunition.
Quintyne appeared at the District A Magistrate Court on Wednesday August 10th, 2011, and was remanded.
The following Jamaican national is the last to be charged out of the 10 persons detained on August 03, 2011.
1. George Romlakhan Bisnauth, of # 111 Sunrise Crescent, Kingston 11, Jamaica. He received the following charges and sentences when he appeared at the District B Magistrate Court of Wednesday August 10, 2011.
1. Importation – 36 month imprison
2. Trafficking- 24 “ “
3. Illegal Possession – 24 months
4. Possession with intent – 24 months
These will run concurrently- he will serve a total of 36 months.
Another suspect of who arrived on Sunday 07, 2011, has been charged. He arrived by air and was detained along with another Jamaican national Sonia Frasier, 37 years of Flankers District, Montego, Jamaica. She had 1 package inserted in her body cavity and another concealed in her body tights; she has since appeared at Court and pleaded guilty. He is:
1. Damian Shannon McClean, 32 years of Runaway Bay, St. Anns, Jamaica.
He passed 29 taped packages weighing 1 lb. He was charged for:
3. Illegal Possession, and
4. Possession with intent
He appeared at the District B Magistrate Court on Thursday 11th August 2011.
- David Welch – Insp.
PRO of the RBPF