BAJANS TO MODEL FOR THE WORLD: Kurama Magazine’s Model Search to Give Bajans Worldwide Exposure
Barbadian aspiring models will get a new opportunity to show off their talents to the world. Kurama Magazine, a website which caters to young Caribbean women, is launching a model search in Barbados. The winners will be featured in a photo shoot – sponsored by Redd Boutique and Mikey Rap Photography – celebrating Kurama Magazine’s second anniversary.
Starting August 18, both men and women between the ages of 18 and 28 can enter their photos for a chance to win. The pictures will be on display on Kurama Magazine’s Facebook Fan Page where fans can vote by ‘Liking’ their favourite model. Then, the anonymous judges will pick the male and female winners from the finalists.
“Kurama Magazine’s Model Search is our way of celebrating these past two years while allowing Bajans to show the world what they got! We have fans all over the world – from USA to India – as well as the Caribbean and this would be great exposure for the winners,” said Gina Aimey-Moss, executive editor of Kurama Magazine.
Kurama Magazine aims to help young women become more beautiful, inside and out. The web site is committed to being both an informative and entertaining resource that teaches Caribbean girls how to integrate different aspects of their life, namely mind, body and spirit.
- The Model Search is open to men and women ages 18 to 28 years old.
- Contestants must be Barbadian citizens or currently living in Barbados. However, anyone from any country can vote.
- Submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures must be 400 x 300 pixels or larger.
- Photos do not have to be professional modelling pictures but better quality could improve your chances.
- Submit a picture that highlights how attractive you are but no sleazy photos please.
- Pornographic or offensive material will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to delete any inappropriate photos.
- By entering, contestants recognize that their submissions become the property of Kurama Magazine and could be used for promotional purposes. If a contestant’s entry is not their creative or copyrighted property, the name of the photographer should be provided.
- Winners will be announced September 1st.