Ask the Consul (Bridgetown U.S. Embassy) – How to obtain information about visas & ACS

What documents do I need to bring to my appointment for a tourist visa? Does my child or elderly parent need to come to the Embassy in person to apply for a visa? How do I apply for an immigrant visa? When is the Embassy going to visit my country for renewal of passports?

Now you know where to go in order to find accurate and reliable information about Consular services offered in this region.

The questions listed above are examples of the types of inquiries we receive most often in the Consular Section. The answers to these questions, and a great deal of other current and reliable information, are easily available if you know where to look! Here are the various ways you can obtain information about visas and services for American citizens:

  • Website: The best and most thorough source for information about visas, American Citizens Services and the U.S. Embassy’s programs throughout this region is the U.S. Embassy website Here you will find answers to your most frequently asked questions, what documents to bring to your visa appointment, who needs to appear in person in order to apply for a visa, etc. Please also visit, a service of the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, for information and forms.

Ask the Consul columns: Yes, the column you are reading right now is another great source for all things Consular. We consider what information will be of benefit to visa applicants and U.S. citizens residing in this Consular district and highlight it in this column which then appears in many major news outlets.

  • Facebook: Did you know the U.S. Embassy has a Facebook page? Visit and “Like” the page. The news feed will keep you informed about programs held by the U.S. Embassy in this region. Click on “Discussions” on the left side of the Facebook page to submit a question about visas or American Citizens Services that is not answered on the website listed above, and a Consular officer will respond.
  • Email and Phone: If after having read through all of the information on our website, you have not found the answer to your question, you may email us. For inquiries about nonimmigrant visas (i.e. for temporary travel for vacation, business, study, or work), send your email to: For inquiries about immigrant visas (i.e. to reside permanently in the U.S.), send email to: Applicants without access to email may contact us by phone at 246-227-4000. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit can be reached between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m., and the Immigrant Visa Unit can be reached between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Follow on Instagram

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.


add a comment

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

  • IMG 20220302 WA0001
  • GenacBB gif 336x280 1
  • TSSG Report Workshop