Busy weekend for Royal Barbados Police Force – 2 Drug Busts, decomposing female corpse & getting to bottom of case with Pervert on St Stephen’s Hill
1a. An Operation headed by the Drug Squad with the assistance of the Anti Gun Unit, the BDF and an element of the RSS, started about 3.00 am and concluded about 12.15 pm today Saturday June 18, 2011, and a total of 5276 cannabis plants were seized. The seizure netted seeds, and seedlings to mature trees as tall as 12 feet.
• At Welch, St. John, 4,731 plants were found in 4 different bushy areas;
• At College Land, St. John, 450 cannabis plants were seized;
• At. Bath, St. John, 93 cannabis plants were seized;
• At Edey’s Village, Christ Church, 2 cannabis plants and a quantity of seedlings were seized.
1b. Members of the Drug Squad also arrested and charged Nicholas Best, 34 years, of Bartlett Tenantry, Sargeant Village, Christ Church for the offences of Possession, Possession with intent to supply and Trafficking of 108.24 lbs of cannabis. Best appeared at the District A Magistrate Court today Saturday, June 18, 2011, and was remanded to HMP Dodds, until July 22, 2011, to appear at the District B Magistrate Court.
On Thursday June 16, 2011, about 8.15pm, members of the Drug Squad encountered a black vehicle at Pilgrim Road, Christ Church, in which the illegal drugs were found. Two men escaped during the operation. Further investigations led to the arrest of Best.
Child Sodomiser in Remand
2. Dario Terrell Foster, 22 years of Eden Lodge, St. Michael, appeared at the District “A” Magistrate’s Court today Saturday 18 June, 2011 and was not required to plea to the two counts of Buggery charges. He was remanded until July 15, 2011, to reappear at the District “A” Magistrate’s Court.
Partially decomposed body found.
3. Investigations have commenced into the discovery of a partially decomposed body of Sharika Olivia Bishop, 20 years of Weston, St. James. The body was later identified by her mother.
The body was found today Saturday June 18, 2011, in a field at Thyme Bottom, Christ Church, about 7.15 am by a passer-by. At the time of the discovery, the body was clad in a black tee shirt, and black tights.
David Welch – Insp.
RBPF’s Public Relations Officer