BREAKING NEWS – Barbados Police with Two Drug Busts: West Coast and Airport over Weekend
As a result of an operation undertaken by the RBPF Drug Squad on Thursday March 31, 2011, a search warrant was executed at # 304 Pomegranate Row, Sunset Crest, St. James were 42.8 kgs of cocaine (street value $1,284,000) was found, and the following persons arrested:
1. Daranand Outar, 32 years, Guyanaese national, occupation – Operations manager aboard the MV ‘Caricom’;
2. Andrew Edwin McLennon, 30 years, Guyanese national, occupation – truck driver;
3. Surain Persaud, 44 years, Guyanese national, occupation – labourer;
4. Ryan Oneal Nowell, 38 years, Barbadian national, occupation – security guard.
Each of the above mentioned persons received the following charges in relation to the found cocaine:
On Friday April 1, 2011, Michael Clarence Forde, 32 years, of Road View, St. Peter, a sales manager, was arrested at the Grantley Adams International Airport, when he tried to flee the island.
He was also charged in relation to the drug seizure which occurred on 31st March 2011 at Sunset Crest, St. James. He received the following charges:
1. Trafficking in cocaine
2. Knowingly permitting the handling of a controlled drug (cocaine, 42.8 kgs), at a residence.
They are expected to appear at court on Monday April 4, 2011.
- David Welch – Insp.
RBPF’s Public Relations Officer