Barbados Police urge caution while victims from Accident at 6 Roads treated and appeal for eyewitnesses to accident on ABC H’way
1. ACCIDENT WITH INJURIES AT SIX ROADS
An accident with injuries occurred about 3.15 pm on Wednesday April 20, 2011, along upper Marchfield Road, St. Philip, at the exit of the Six Roads Cosmopolitan Centre, where three pedestrians were struck by a motor vehicle.
The motor vehicle was driven by Carl Carrington, 60 years of Lynches, St. Philip, and the pedestrians involved were:
1. Nathan Greenidge, 13 years, (a student of Princess Margaret Sec. School) of Merricks, St. Philip, who complained of lacerations about his body;
2. An Unidentified student of Princess Margaret Sec. School; and
3. Basil Bushell, 70 years, of Heddings, St. Philip, who suffered a fractured right leg and a laceration to his head.
Nathan was treated at the Six Roads Polyclinic, while Bushell was taken to the QEH by ambulance.
2. REQUEST FOR WITNESSES TO AN ACCIDENT
On April 13, 2011, about 6.00 pm, an accident occurred along the Kingsland Section of the ABC Highway where motorcyclist Sydney Frederick, 35 years of Charnocks, Christ Church died after being involved in a collision with a motor van registration number L 878.
To further assist with this investigation, any person who may have witnessed this accident is asked to call the Oistins Police Station at telephone number 418-2612 or the Traffic Department at telephone numbers 430-7284 or 7600.
Thank you for your co-operation.
- David Welch – Insp.
Public Relations Officer