Barbados endures Third Road Fatality for 2011 – this as Police prosecute 2 men related to various drug offences
The third road fatality for the year occurred about 6.00pm on Wednesday April 13, 2011, on the Kingsland Section of the ABC Highway, between a motorvan driven by Peter Maxwell of Crab Hill, St. Lucy, and a motor cycle driven by the deceased Sydney Federick, 35 years, of Charnocks, Christ Church.
Federick was taken by ambulance to the QEH, where he died on arrival.
As a result of an operation by the Drug Squad on Tuesday April 12, 2011, (as previously reported), which led to the seizure of 16 bales of cannabis weighing 380.4 kgs, the following persons have been arrested and charged, and they are expected to appear at the District A Magistrate’s Court today Thursday, April 14, 2011:
1. Donovan Orlando White, 31 years, of Smith Land, Sargeants Village, Christ Church; and
2. Alwin Luton King, 33 years of Brownes Gap, Sargeants Villages, Christ Church.
- Each person mentioned above has received the following charges:
1. Possession of a controlled drug Cannabis;
2. Possession with intent to supply; and
David Welch – Inspector
Public Relations Officer