Barbados Police on the move? Murder accused charged while even more Drug Seizures and fielding an accident involving a ZR Van…
- MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER
Roger Rommel Stephen Sealy, 26 years of #11 Martin Road, Pinelands, St. Michael was arrested and charged for the murder of Anderson Brathwaite, formerly of Sargeant Road, Ellerton, St. George. This incident occurred on Sunday January 2, 2011 when the deceased was attending a fete at Cane Hill, Ellerton, St. George.
- DRUG CHARGES
Corey Beckles, 29 years, Baxters, St. Andrew and Davidson Ifill, 37 years of Jackmans Alley, Orange Hill, St. James, have been arrested and charged for the following offences in connection with the below mentioned facts:
1. Possession of Cannabis (weight: 1179.54 lbs)
2. Possession with intent to supply
3. Trafficking in Cannabis
An operation conducted by the RBPF Drug Squad, Barbados Coast Guard and the RSS, commenced on the morning of Thursday 10th March 2011, and ceased about 10:30 am on Friday 11th March 2011. As a result a boat was intercepted off the north western coast of Barbados, after a lengthy chase, and the drugs seized. During the operation three (3) persons escaped by jumping overboard the drug boat.
The mentioned persons are expected to appear at the Holetown/District E Magistrate Court on Tuesday 15 March 2011.
- ACCIDENT WITH MULTIPLE INJURIES
An Accident with multiple injuries occurred about 10:15 am on Monday 14th March 2011, along Worthing Main Road, Christ Church, in the area of Mojo Restaurant.
The vehicles involved were a Route Taxi driven by Andrew Seale, 42 years of Rendezvous, Christ Church; and a motor truck driven by Kelvin Browne, 36 years, of Rendezvous, Christ Church.
Eleven persons were injured, ranged in ages from 19 years to 73 years. Their mainly complained of neck, back, shoulder and knee injuries. Five of them were taken to the QEH by five ambulances; the others sought private medical attention.
Those persons from within the Route Taxi who complained of injuries were:
1. Elsie Kirton, 73 years of Hopewell, Ch Ch
2. Grantley Watkins, 56 years, Kingsland Terrace
3. Euralas Kirton, 56 years, Silver Sands
4. Thomas Smart, 49 years, Sayers
5. Jalisa King, 19 years, St. Barnabas
6. Tracy Yearwood, 32 years, Ashby Land, Oistins
7. Joan Nennett, 66 years, Ashby Drive, Enterprise
8. Christina Hinkson, 19 years, Maxwell
9. Rohan Nanthan, 28 years, Silver Sand (conductor ZR)
10. Andrew Seale (ZR Driver)
11. Ricardo Clarke, 32 years, Fairview, Ch Ch (passenger in truck).
David Welch – Insp.
RBPF’s Public Relations Officer