“Return to the Rock” Campaign Strives to Connect 10,000 Barbadians Living Abroad
As part of a campaign to identify and link up with Barbadians across the world, and register their skills and qualifications, Invest Barbados, an economic development agency for Barbados, has today launched a new campaign called, “Return to the Rock,” in which eligible participants could win a free trip for two people to Barbados.
- CAMPAIGN DETAILS
The website www.networkbarbados.com was created to facilitate this process, and Barbadians in the Diaspora are being encouraged to register on the site. To enter the contest, Barbadians living abroad only need to register at www.networkbarbados.com. Each entry has a chance to win an economy fare trip for two people to Barbados. Flights must depart from New York, U.S.A., Toronto, Canada or London, U.K. If Network Barbados receives 10,000 registered names over the next 60 days, two winners will be selected, instead of just one. (Terms & Conditions)
The winning flights will be booked for the final week during Crop Over 2011. This five-week summer Festival has turned into a cultural and culinary extravaganza that attracts thousands of international visitors every year to Barbados.
- CAMPAIGN PURPOSE
“We need to significantly increase registrations in order to make the database meaningful as a site for Barbadians to connect, and be informed about what’s happening on the island, and especially what’s happening for Barbadians in the diaspora specifically. We hope this competition initiative for a prize draw of a trip back home for crop over will help us achieve that critical mass of registrations,” said Wayne Kirton, the CEO of Invest Barbados. “Keeping in touch with Barbadians living across the globe also helps us spread the word about what continues to make our country a highly desirable investment location.”
Barbadians living abroad benefit in several ways from signing up on the site, apart from connecting at a social level with other Barbadians, registering on www.networkbarbados.com provides Barbadians living aboard with the opportunity to access timely updates and insights including:
- Governmental changes, legislative shifts, that could directly impact business on and off the island.
- Ability to invest in the development of Barbados and access new initiatives on the ground level.
- Inside access to reach local Barbadians and exclusive ability to post projects (business opportunities) for local responses on the site, the ‘go to’ location for entrepreneurs as well as long-standing business owners.
- Sector trends that help to highlight various business and growth opportunities.
- Wide array of specific investment prospects from government debentures to real estate developments.