Best of CaribbeanTales 2010 – Workshops in Barbados, 22nd February – 2nd March, 2010: Var. Locations & Times
Cost for all workshops unless specified is $30BDN/ $15US. Lunch is available for an additional cost.
Wednesday February 24th 2010
* 9 – 5pm: Symposium on Global Distribution hosted by One Caribbean Media (OCM) $100US **inquire for special discounts
Thursday February 25th 2010
* 11:00 – 12:45: **NEW** Networking lunch event sponsored by the Commonwealth Foundation. Pre-registration required.
* 1 – 5pm: **UPDATED**Film Marketplace hosted by the Shridath Ramphal Center, UWI.
Friday 26th February 2010
* 9 – 11.30am : Dialogue between Independent Producers and Broadcasters, hosted by The Caribbean Channel (CMC)
* 1pm – 5pm:**UPDATED**Music Video Workshop with Lisa Wickham, hosted by the Caribbean Film and Media Association.
Saturday 27th February 2010
* 9am – 5pm: Directing Master Class with Julie Dash hosted by the Caribbean Film and Media Academy and the US Embassy. “Free”
Sunday 28th February 2010
* 10am – 2pm: Franklyn “Chappie” St Juste – Cinematography Master Class
* 2.30pm – 3.30pm : Hush/Hush 2, A Success Story with Marcia Weekes “A business model for local films”, hosted by the Barbados Film and Video Association.
* 4pm – 5pm
Monday March 1st 2010
* time tbc:**NEW**Special Effects/Makeup Workshop- hosted by the National Cultural Foundation of Barbados.
Tuesday 2nd March, 2010
* 6:30pm – 9pm:**NEW**From Page to Screen – Reading of Oonya Kempadoo’s film adaptation of her novel “Tide Running”, and Talk-Back.