Beyonce to perform in the Dominican Republic – Celebrates her Husband’s 40th B’day
US singing star Beyonce was in La Romana last week to celebrate her husband Jay-Z’s 40th birthday at Casa de Campo. Her visit coincided with her having received 10 nominations for the Grammy awards that will be presented in Los Angeles on January 31.
The good news is that Beyonce is booked for a DR performance at the Olympic Stadium in Santo Domingo on 20 March 2010 as part of her 2010 World Tour. Only 15,000 tickets are being put on sale even though the stadium has the capacity for upwards of 40,000.
This is a VIP Music Enterprise production. In Santo Domingo, Beyonce will be singing songs from her new CD, “I Am… Sasha Fierce.”
She was nominated for:
- Album of the Year – I am…Sasha Fierce
- Record of the Year – ‘Halo’
- Song of the Year – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)’
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance – ‘Halo’
- Best Female R&B Vocal Performance – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)’
- Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance – ‘At Last’
- Best R&B Song – ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)’
- Best Contemporary R&B Album – I Am… Sasha Fierce
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration – ‘Ego’ (featuring Kanye West)
- Best Song Written for Motion Pictures, Television or other Visual Media – ‘Once In a Lifetime’ (from Cadillac Records).
For ticketing information on her Santo Domingo performance, see www.ticketexpress.com.do