The Kittitian Government has introduced another amnesty programme to help provide relief for citizens that may be experiencing difficulties as a result of the slowdown of the global economy.

All farmers who owe the Agriculture department rent on lands are encouraged to take advantage of a debt amnesty offered by the Ministry of Housing, Agriculture, Fisheries and Cooperatives. The period of amnesty runs from the present until December 31, and farmers with legalized land tenure who are in arrears are required to pay only 25 percent of the outstanding amount. The remaining 75 percent will be forgiven.

Director of Agriculture, Ashton Stanley, appealed to farmers to come into the Agriculture Department at La Guerite, Basseterre to receive assistance in finding out the total that has to be paid. He noted that should the sum owed not be paid by the end of the year, farmers will be required to pay the debt in full.

This initiative is in line with other amnesty programmes offered by Government such as the Inland Revenue tax amnesty programme which enabled a waiver of penalties on individual and business tax penalties if the full amount was paid between April and September, 2009. For persons who were unaware of this programme there is a 70 percent waiver on tax penalties from present until the end of this year.

Follow on Instagram

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.


add a comment

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

  • 1 IMG 20220525 WA0014
  • GenacBB Web Ads 336 x 280
  • TSSG Report Workshop
  • BR2 If you saw this then you came to the best place to get seen