Stanford Superstars to commence intense 6 week preparatory camp: No word yet on Digicel compromise
The intense preparatory camp will run through to the start of Stanford Super Series on October 25th when the Stanford Superstars play against Trinidad and Tobago.
Players will be guided through the camp by Stanford Superstars head coach Eldine Baptiste and his expert team of professionals including assistant coach Roger Harper, fielding coach Julien Fountain, manager Lance Gibbs and assistant manager Cardigan Connor.
The Stanford Super Series culminates with the Stanford 20/20 for 20 on November 1 when the Stanford Superstars take on England for US$20,000,000, the largest prize in the history of team sport.
Chairman of the Stanford Superstars Selection Panel, Sir Vivian Richards has announced that there will be two changes to the Stanford Superstars squad. St Lucian all rounder Darren Sammy will replace Trinidadian all rounder Dwayne Bravo and Guyanese batsman Travis Dowlin will replace Jamaican batsman Xavier Marshall.
Twenty-four year old Sammy has played five Test matches, 17 One Day Internationals and five Twenty20s. Dowlin, 31, has not played any international cricket but has appeared in 62 First Class matches along with 30 List A One Day matches and seven Twenty20s. The right handed top order batsman was the Player of the Stanford 20/20 Tournament in 2006 when Guyana emerged winners and took home the top prize of US$1,000,000.
- Stanford Superstars squad: Lionel Baker, Sulieman Benn, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Lennox Cush, Travis Dowlin, Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Chad Hampson, Lindon James, Sylvester Joseph, Dave Mohammed, Kieron Pollard, Daren Powell, Darren Sammy, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Jerome Taylor
- Stanford Superstars Support Staff: Eldine Baptiste (Head Coach), Roger Harper (Assistant Coach), Lance Gibbs (Manager), Cardigan Connor (Assistant Manager), Julien Fountain (Fielding Coach), Kim Jackson (Physiotherapist), Julio Gonzalez (Physiotherapist), Hector Martinez (Fitness Trainer), Robin Singh (Video Analyst), Virgil Browne (Masseur)
- Saturday October 25 ? Stanford Superstars vs. Trinidad & Tobago
- Sunday October 26 ? England vs. Middlesex
- Monday October 27 ? Trinidad & Tobago vs. Middlesex
- Tuesday October 28 ? England vs. Trinidad & Tobago
- Thursday October 30 ? Stanford Superstars vs. Middlesex
- Saturday November 1 ? STANFORD 20/20 for 20 Stanford Superstars vs. England