June 2007 Arts Happenings by Corrie Scott
Please support one of our local talents ( letter from Kellie Cadogan who sang for Sir Tim Rice at Gala evening at Holders in March) Hi everyone. Hope all is well. This email is to give you an update with my preparations for the Berklee College of Music summer performance program 2007 for which I need to find about $7000 to attend. I am the 2007 winner of the partial scholarship.
MY PERFORMANCE-to raise funds to go to Berklee will be on SUNDAY, JUNE 10TH, 7PM @ BCC(Performing Arts Hall). TICKETS $20-If you can’t make the show please donate the $20.
The show will showcase my work in both music and drama and I would be backed by the IOP band.
P.S. – If you can’t make the show please donate the $20 .Thanks, Kellie
- Gallery of Caribbean Art in Speightstown is featuring a Caribbean Group Show. Hilton Hotel features Joan Handman
- Artists Club monthly meeting Tuesday June 19th, (Please email Martina Pile at email@example.com for confirmation on this) from 6.30pm onward, at Lancaster Great House. As usual, contributions towards our Buffet & Bar are always welcome.Those who would like to renew their annual membership are welcomed to do so. Guests and non-members will have to pay a Bds$10.- contribution towards expenses.
- National Cultural Foundation Crop Over visual arts entries to be handed in at Grande Salle June 29th to July 2nd. Please contact NCF directly for more information.
- Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination 1)?After Mrs. Rochester? ? a play written by Polly Teale, directed by Brian Heap and featuring University Players from UWI, Mona Campus, Jamaica ? Saturday June 2nd at 8:00pm and Sunday, June 3rd at 7:00pm. Tickets $35:00 available from UWI Bookshop, CS Pharmacy, Broad Street and Ticket Town ? Sheraton. 2)?Imprints of a Motherland ? Dance Series II? with Mary Waithe – $55 (or individual or special group rates apply)Master Class ? Thursday, May 31st – 6-9pm. Workshop ? Saturday, June 2nd ? 5-7pm. Workshop ? Sunday, June 3rd ? 4-6pm . 3)Lecture/Demonstration ? Tuesday, June 5th ? 7-9pm 3)?The Impact of Abolition on the British Caribbean? – Lecture in association with Barbados Museum & Historical Society ? 8:00pm 4 )?Namdo Korean Traditional Music Performing Troupe? Performance in association with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade ? Saturday, June 9th (to be confirmed) 5) ?Oleanna? ? Cave Hill Theatre Workshop ? June 15th, 16th & 17th at 8:00pm. Tickets $20 (students with ID); $30 (non-students) ? available at UWI Bookshop, CS Pharmacy, DE Computers Warrens & Sheraton. 6) ?Sight Clash 2007? ? Art Exhibition featuring Dustin Harewood, Chris Ishmael & Graham Gill ? June 15th ? 30th. Opening Reception on June 15th at 7:00pm. contact Carla W. Springer BSc., MA Office: (246) 417-4776 or 417-4779 Email:
- Frank Collymore Hall & Grand Salle (1) June 2 ?Dancing Through the Years? 8:00 p.m.Genesis Dance Studio ? Dance Show Tickets: Adults $40 Children $25.00. Box Offices: At the Door and Members of Genesis Dance Studio. (2) June 16. Classical Piano Concert. 8:00 p.m. Featuring: Maria Yefimova, Russian-born Pianis (3)June 29&30 Crop Over Dance Season (NCF) 7:00 p.m.
- #17 Art Gallery Pavilion Court, Hastings , Church Church . Artist Corrie Scott‘s studio/gallery . Original fine art and photography, limited edition offset lithographs, prints and cards. From $5 up. Website full of prints, art and photography. Tel (246) 424 3965 or 233 6078M , email: firstname.lastname@example.org for viewing appointment (as Corrie may be out painting or photographing).
- The Gallery at Southsea, The Restaurant at Southsea , St Lawrence Gap, Christ Church. Hours 5.30pm-10pm, or by appointment for morning viewings. Curated by Rose Marie Yallop Tel: 246 429 4607 Cell: 232 8014 Email: email@example.com
- Tides Art Gallery at The Tides Restaurant, Holetown, St James. 7 days a week. Group show of fine art and photography. tel: 262 6241m or 262 6238m email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pelican Craft Centre, Bridgetown (246) 426 4385 Group Show
- Zemicon Gallery Goldie Spieler presents an exhibition of watercolours ?Friday Flowers and Mythical Landscapes?. Opening Sunday June 3rd from 6pm ? 8pm. Show ends June 30th. James Fort Building , Hincks Street, Bridgetown Email; email@example.com tel: 430 0054 or 432 0222 opening hours: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 10-4 Wednesday: 10-2
- Gang of 4 Gallery ,The Cottage , Springvale Plantation .St. Andrew . tel 438 7883
- On The Wall at Champers Restaurant . On The Wall also has a gallery at Earthworks
- Queen?s Park Gallery Bridgetown. Tel 427 2345.
- Constant Gallery Fine Art for floors and walls is a unique gallery offering sculpture, fine art and a diverse range of investment quality Persian carpets….situated on Hwy 4 between Bulkely Factory and the Essco roundabout. (By appointment only) , Christopher Robinson (246) 429 2654 and 232 7830. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waterfront Caf? Bridgetown. Susan Walcott, owner of Waterfront Cafe featuring a group show featuring Heather-Dawn Scott, Virginia Trieloff, Ron Lucas, Margaret Rodriguez, Susan Alleyne-Forde, Corrie Scott, Darryl Kelly, John Stuart, Maggie Tainsch, Larrie Belgrave and Cheryl Lewis and will add to her group of artists over time.