Corrie Scott’s May 2007 Barbadian Happenings In The Arts (Shameless Plug)
- #17 Art Gallery, Pavilion Court, Hastings, Church Church. Artist Corrie Scott‘s studio/gallery . Original fine art and photography, limited edition offset lithographs, prints and cards. From $5 up. Website full of prints, art and photography. Tel (246) 424 3965 or 233 6078M , email: for viewing appointment (as Corrie may be out painting or photographing).
- The Gallery at Southsea, The Restaurant at Southsea , St Lawrence Gap, Christ Church. Hours 5.30pm-10pm, or by appointment for morning viewings. Curated by Rose Marie Yallop Tel: 246 429 4607 Cell: 232 8014 Email:
- Tides Art Gallery at The Tides Restaurant, Holetown, St James. 7 days a week. Group show of fine art and photography. Catherine?s tel: 262 6241 – m1; or 262 6238 – m2; email:
- Pelican Craft Centre, Bridgetown (246) 426 4385;
- Zemicon Gallery presents Dennis de Caires? ?Flowers For Colleen and other recent prints?. Show ends May 2nd. James Fort Building , Hincks Street, Bridgetown Email; tel: 4300054 or 4320222 opening hours: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 10-4 Wednesday: 10-2 . Saturday/Sunday and Monday by appointment. ?Journey: Emancipation Of The Spirit? at the Queen’s Park Gallery, the Zemicon Gallery and the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination Gallery from May 6th -June 1st 2007. This is an exhibition in commemoration of the Bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade. The exhibition opens at 6.30pm on May 6th at the Queen’s Park Gallery and continues at Zemicon and the Errol Barrow Centre: there will be several works exploring the theme of the exhibition at the different sites. Professor Kamau Brathwaite will deliver the featured address. Opening hours are: QPG Mon. -Sat. 10am to 6pm Zemicon opening hours: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 10-4 Wednesday: 10 EBCCI contact 250-4057 Dianne Squires
Tel. # QPG 427-2345 ZEMICON 430-0054
- National Art Gallery Collection ?Whisperpost? Spread the word? <bridgetown>whisperpost guided tours with whisperpost voices . May 12th and May 26 starting at the Waterfront Caf? 5pm sharp.
The tour will take you from the Careenage across the Swing Bridge along the Boardwalk, through the alley ways and gardens where you will feel the pulse of our nation?s capital. As you reach one of the 18 Whisperpost locations you will listen to a ?soundscape? inspired by the surroundings in which you stand, you will submerge yourself in a story from the past embracing the thoughts of someone who has stood there before you.
Each soundscape was researched and recorded by professional visual artists, student artists, performers, writers, and historians who collaborated to produce a series of highly creative location-specific stories based on memory, personal narratives and impressions of selected city sites that interested them personally within this historic ?seaport town voyages.
You will not want to miss the <Bridgetown> Whisperpost>, a unique experience using sound installation and the first of its kind for the Caribbean.. 228-7523, ask for “Whisperpost Tours”. You will want to bring your cell phone if you have one, maps and audio will be available . Watch for tours or visit our website at www.nagc.bb/whisperpost for your map of the tout area.
Now, using the map as your guide, find one of the
The ?Guide to Exporting under the CSME for Visual Artists in Barbados? is coming on stream in early May . With the first meeting of the stakeholders advisory committee for drafting the guide from the content and Workplan developed at the CSME Consultation October 2006. Contact the NAGC Secretariat 228-7523 for details.
- NAGC Website & Artistsnet are expected to be live by the end of May – Artistsnet is the online database of of Barbadian visual artists. Artists wishing to have their profiles on Artistsnet should contact the Secretariat 228-7523 for database forms and instructions. The database is a free service offered by the NAGC intended to encourage widest promotion of Barbadian art.
- Gang of 4 Gallery ,The Cottage , Springvale Plantation .St. Andrew . tel 438 7883
- On The Wall at Champers Restaurant . On The Wall also has a gallery at Earthworks
- Fine Art Framing Limited Pelican Industrial Park, Bridgetown, Barbados – (246) 426-5325
- Queen?s Park Gallery Bridgetown. Tel 427 2345. ?Journey, Emancipation Of The Spirit? at the Queen’s Park Gallery, the Zemicon Gallery and the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination Gallery from May 6th -June 1st 2007. This is an exhibition in commemoration of the Bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade. The exhibition opens at 6.30pm on May 6th at the Queen’s Park Gallery and continues at Zemicon and the Errol Barrow Centre: there will be several works exploring the theme of the exhibition at the different sites. Professor Kamau Brathwaite will deliver the featured address. Opening hours are: QPG Mon. -Sat. 10am to 6pm Zemicon opening hours: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 10-4 Wednesday: 10 EBCCI contact 250-4057 Dianne Squires, Tel. # QPG 427-2345 ZEMICON 430-0054
- Constant Gallery Fine Art for floors and walls is a unique gallery offering sculpture, fine art and a diverse range of investment quality Persian carpets… situated on Hwy 4 between Bulkely Factory and the Essco roundabout. (By appointment only), Christopher Robinson (246) 429-2654 and 232-7830, email:
- Waterfront Caf? Bridgetown. Susan Walcott, owner of Waterfront Cafe will be curating a continuous group show featuring Heather-Dawn Scott, Virginia Trieloff, Ron Lucas, Margaret Rodriguez, Susan Alleyne-Forde, Corrie Scott, Darryl Kelly, John Stuart, Maggie Tainsch, Larrie Belgrave and Cheryl Lewis and will add to her group of artists over time.
- Gallery of Caribbean Art Speightstown. Group show. Hilton Hotel features John Stuart
- Artists Club monthly meeting Tuesday May 8th from 6.30pm onward, at Lancaster Great House. As usual, contributions towards our Buffet & Bar are always welcome.Those who would like to renew their annual membership are welcomed to do so. Guests and non-members will have to pay a Bds $10 – contribution towards expenses.