JAMAICAN WOMAN CHARGED ON 36 LBS OF CANNABIS
Police in Barbados have arrested and charged Jamaican national Tishana Harris, 23 years for the following offences committed at the Airport on 4th June 2014:
2. Possession with intent to supply
3. Trafficking; and
4. Importation of 36 lbs of cannabis.
Harris appeared at the District Oistins Magistrates Court June 5th 2014, where she pleaded guilty to all the charges and was sentenced as follows:
1. Possession of a controlled drug, cannabis – fined $50,000 forthwith or 2 year in prison;
2. Trafficking – fined $50,000 forthwith or 2 year in prison to run concurrently;
3. Possession with intent to supply – Reprimanded and Discharged; and
4. Importation – Reprimanded and Discharged.
- David Welch – Insp.
Public Relations Officer