Barbados’ National Cultural Foundation present: Writers’ Clinic, Critique Circle – 21st June 2014
Many WC participants requested that we offer critique sessions once again. You spoke/wrote! The NCF listened!
Simply read and follow the guidelines below, then show up next Saturday at The St. Michael School, 11 am to 1 pm:
WRITERS’ CLINIC CRITIQUE CIRCLE
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Each submission for critique should be one (1) page of work (approx. 250 words of prose or 25 lines of poetry).
- Participants must bring at least four (4) copies of the work to be critiqued.
- Participants must be prepared to read their work.
- As usual, the Clinic will be conducted on a “first come-first served” basis. A sign-up sheet will be available.
- If time permits, participants may be able to have more than one piece of work critiqued. In this case, the participant must have at least four (4) copies of said work.
- Participants should not email pieces to tutors beforehand. Unsolicited work will not be read.
- Critique Circle Tutors do not accept homework assignments. Most offer private editing services for a fee which they determine. The National Cultural Foundation is in no way involved in any private arrangement between participants and tutors.
- No line edits will be performed during sessions. (See #7!)
- Views expressed by tutors are not necessarily those of the National Cultural Foundation.
- Participants who enter the session after 12:30 pm will not have their work critiqued.
Please feel free to share this info!
I am but a keystroke away…
Writers’ Clinic Coordinator