UPDATED – BAJAN & TRINI IN REMAND FOR SEPARATE FRAUD OFFENCES
1. TRINIDADIAN NATIONAL CHARGED FOR FRAUD OFFENCES
Trinidadian national Joseph Steve Williams 27 years, of South Trinidad, have been arrested and charged by members of the Fraud Squad for:
3 counts of theft; and
3 counts of evading liability.
Also while here in Barbados, Williams took a total of $6,800.00 from three (3) men after promising to get jobs for them in the UK. This money was to assist with the travel expenses.
Williams total is $14,813.00.
2. MAN CHARGED FOR FRAUD OFFENCES
Members of the Fraud Squad have arrested and charged Kerry Omar Gibbons, 25 years of No fixed place of abode for:
- 19 counts of Uttering forged Government of Barbados Payable Orders;
- 5 counts of Obtaining money by deception;
- 6 counts of theft; and
- 3 counts of money laundering.
- David Welch; Insp.
P.R.O of the RBPF