GIVE US OUR DAILY BREAD? JAMAICAN WOMAN CHARGED WITH DRUG OFFENCES
Police have arrested and charged Jamaican national Chantel Shaunalee Whyte, 20 year old Hairdresser for the following offences committed at the Airport on 30th March 2014:
- Possession with intent to supply
- Trafficking; and
- Importation of 5 lbs of cannabis.
Whyte appeared at the District B Magistrates Court on Monday 31 March, 2014, and pleaded guilty to the charges.
She was sentenced as follows:
- Fined $15,000 forthwith on the charge of Possession, or 3 years in prison;
- Convicted, Reprimanded and discharged on the charge of Possession with intent to supply;
- Fined $15,000 forthwith on the charge of Trafficking; and
- Reprimanded and discharged on the charged of Importation.
- If the fines are not paid, the prison sentences are to run concurrent.
David Welch; Insp.
Public Relations Officer (RBPF)